Thursday, May 10, 2012

Google HQ & Morgan Lewis Shoot

This was a two day shoot up in New York, NY. "DreamIt Ventures" a new client put us up in a hotel overnight to shoot both days back to back.

I had previous obligations and couldn't make it on time friday night (4/27/2012). I contacted Kenneth Kraft, a solid asset to the DMK Films team. This is what he had to say about the Google HQ shoot for DreamIt.

Kenneth Kraft:

"I was lucky enough to be called as a last minute shooter for DMK Films. Once I heard the shoot were to be taking place at the Google Headquarters in New York City, I knew I was in for an interesting event! Coming into the shoot with a background in directing I have also done my share of live-style event coverage with multiple cameras. Derek of DMK Films explained how they wanted it shot and I was more than happy to do my best to accommodate.  The stage was lit very dynamically making it hard to expose for the entire framing. Derek decided we use my Panasonic HMC 150 instead of DMK's Films go to HDSLR's. This was because of the digital zoom feature and deep focus of the camera as well as the professional appearance the camera gave off physically. This camera is very similar to the HVX 200 with the difference of type of media memory. For audio, I used a rode ntg-2 on-board and a zoom H4N that was tapped into the their mixing board. I had a great experience and met some cool people! New York always seems to be a great time."


Saturday morning was the Morgan Lewis shoot. 


(Morgan Louis Building)

This shoot was generally simple, I was documenting CEO's presentations and open form interviews. DreamIt Ventures wanted this to be shot very simplistically and clean. To achieve this I used the same equipment I had Ken Kraft use the day before. I put the HMC 150 on Manfrotto 701head and legs, with the same shotgun mic on top and used the H4N to capture audio from another source. The key to shooting this was to use a large sdxc card as to not change in the middle of anything (64gb Sandisk 95/mbps class 10), plug the camera directly into the wall as to not have to change batteries, position the tripod in a way that I would not have to move and have a great shot, using a good tripod head that is fluid like and looks clean (manfrotto 701), slow zoom button and slow fluid movements all together. I have only recently started taking up corporate shoots. Honestly, its not the most fun thing to shoot but you get to meet a lot of great people, DreamIt took care of us so all in all a great experience. I would like to do this again. 

(30th floor of Morgan Lewis view)



No comments:

Post a Comment