Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Blog Opening

Hello all,

My name is Derek Korogodsky. I am creating this blog so others can follow the projects I'm working on. This will help me stay organized personally as well. I can look back at previous jobs and remember the experience. I have much catching up to do here. 
A bad start for DMK Films. Wednesday night, after a shoot in queens. I was robbed of 65%-75% of my equipment. Over $10,000.00 worth of equipment (1 pelican case) was lifted back stage of a shoot for Ryan Leslie. Unfortunately, I did not have insurance on any of my equipment. The security cameras were shut off during time frame it was taken. I'm going to take this experience and learn from it. One, insure my equipment in the future and make sure that someone always has their eyes on the equipment. I'm looking into implementing a tracking device in my cases and possibly a locking mechanism on the latches. 

I'm thinking of creating a kick starter to help get some of my equipment back. This is my first attempt at creating a blog, for the record. Hopefully, it will all work out in the end. 

www.dmkfilms.com

No comments:

Post a Comment